- for all children to take part in regular and structured physical activity.
- for children's core skills and competence in physical activity to grow.
- to increase participation in a physical activity both in school and out of school.
- to embed the idea that regular exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle.
All school received £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil, which in accordance with the guidance, we have channeled into developing the provision of Sport and PE throughout the school.
At Severnbanks Primary School we have used our Sports Premium Funding 2015/2016 to meet the following Aims of the National Curriculum for Physical Education.
- To develop the competence to excell in a broad range of physical activities
- To increase the level of physical activity for our pupils
- To engage in competitive sports and activities
- To lead healthy active lifestyles.
Please click on the link below to read the full report